Posted on Aug 30th, 2014
This show is a re-broadcast from August 16.
In the second half of a special show broadcast from the Salamander Resort & Spa in Middleburg, VA:
- Rudy talks with International SPA Association chairman, Michael Tompkins, about ISPA’s recent study with good news in spa visit trends.
- The story behind why Sheila built the resort, what’s behind the name Salamander, and the three acts of Sheila Johnson’s life (music teacher; BET; now hospitality).
- Susan was assigned to write a profile about Sheila Johnson for Essence magazine (published this past January). She fell in love with the resort and area and has been back as a guest since, and will return again in October.
- How the spa was conceived and built into the natural environment, incorporating the surroundings.
- Betsy has been the Mayor of Middleburg for several years, and also grew up in town. Her father is a famed photographer who took many shots of the Kennedys when they spent weekends in the village, and she used to play with Caroline when they were small children. Her family run the most amazing store in town called The Fun Shop. If they don’t stock it, you don’t need it.
Podcast: Play in new window
Leave a Reply